Skip Navigation
 
This table is used for column layout.
Jackson Town Seal


  The Town of Jackson, NH
Jackson Falls Historic District
The Jackson Falls Historic District was recognized by the National Registry of Historic Places in March 2003.  The application for historic registration was prepared by Lisa Mausolf.  The descriptive text in this section is adapted from her work.  Below is a map of the district showing the major contributing buildings.  Click on the links below the map for more information about the major buildings making up the district.

JxnFallsweb3.jpg





Building
Brief Description
Begun in 1891. Designed by New York architect William A. Bates
Houses dating from about 1900 across the street from the Wentworth Resort
Main building of the Wentworth Resort. Built 1882-83. Designed by William A. Bates
The Wentworth Cottages on Route 16B.
The Wentworth Cottages on Route 16 A
Built in 1846-47. The second church in Jackson
Built in 1901. Designed by William Ralph Emerson
The Grammar School was built in 1860 with additions in 1910 and 1991
Built in 1879 and still in use for town meetings and other events
 
Jackson Town Offices: 54 Main Street, Jackson, NH 03846
Phone: (603) 383-4223   Fax: (603) 383-6980